Our highly consultative search engine optimization services include link building, on-page optimization, content development creation and more.
We take a holistic look at Social Media strategy including blogging, Twitter, Facebook and industry specific social networks to come up with a campaign that works for you.
Thunder SEO has extensive experience in creating and implementing local search campaigns for single location, regional and nationwide businesses.
Our company has been working with web designers and internet marketing people for over 10 years....
If you love grammar, copywriting, spelling, proofreading, blogging, interactive marketing, or any/all of the above, then we’re looking for you!
We’re looking to hire a part time Content Associate to join our growing team in San Diego. The job will be for 20 hours a week with the potential to become full-time in the future. If you get excited about creating extraordinary content in a fast-paced environment, we’d love to hear from you! We have an immediate need for this position, which will support our content and social media teams on a variety of campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have advanced writing skills, proper punctuation and spelling, flexibility to write for multiple campaigns that range from home décor to auto repair, ability to source quality images for commercial use, as well as passion for what’s happening online, a working knowledge of social media, experience writing online content, familiarity with what makes content go viral, and an eye for detail.
What You’ll Do
- Research and write content for a variety of client campaigns in various industries
- Provide support for ongoing content projects like web pages, guest blogs, and more
- Assist the Content Manager with various content needs such as article writing, searching for freelance bloggers, and campaign strategy and development
- Editing and scheduling blogs in Google Docs, WordPress, Drupal, and other blog hosting sites
What You’ll Need
First and foremost, you have to be an amazing writer. Here are some other things we’d like to see.
- Associate’s degree or at least 1 year of content writing experience (samples required)
- Strong communication skills and perfect grammar
- Ability to multitask and handle lots of different projects at once
- Team player that can contribute to our client’s interactive strategy in a group environment
- Requires little direction and can hit the ground running with any task presented
- Confidence and willingness to bring new ideas to the table
- Creativity and ability to write in a variety of voices
- Eye for detail (proofreading, editing, fact-checking, etc.)
- Experience in journalism, creative writing, marketing, advertising, social media or similar field
- Any SEO/Google Analytics/keyword experience would be a bonus!
What You’ll Get
- A creative job at an awesome agency where we hire for culture
- Potential for a full-time position with a growing company
- Plenty of work to add to your writing portfolio
- Ability and encouragement to stay ahead of trends and current events in search, social, and content marketing industries
- A way to put that liberal arts degree to work!
Sounds Good to Me! How Do I Apply?
We have a multi-step interview process. Please don’t skip any of these requirements – we won’t consider your application without them.
Here’s what you need to send to be considered:
- 3-5 writing samples (can be blogs, white papers, articles, etc.)
- Links to your personal blog or online contributions (optional but highly preferred
- Answers to the questions below
- What topics do you prefer to write?
- Where have you contributed before? (Please list and provide a quick overview of each)
- What are your top 3 favorite blogs and why? Please provide supporting URLs.
- Share a problem or issue you encountered in a previous or current work environment, how you dealt with it, and what lessons you learned that you utilize now.
- List some short, but specific examples of content tasks and campaigns you’ve worked on, how you have used Excel (or any other Office program), and any online tools you’re familiar with.
If you’d like to move forward with the process, please email your resume, writing samples, links, and short answers to the application questions to iheartcontent at thunderseo dot com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Curious about our hiring process? Learn more about how Thunder hires for culture.
Come work with us: Founded in 2007, Thunder SEO is an interactive marketing agency based in sunny San Diego, California. We’re passionate about making the web a better place, learning something new every day, and exceeding client expectations. We host monthly workshops in the office to educate our team, and we’ve also founded a local marketing meetup in San Diego to inspire collaboration within our community. Several members of the Thunder team have been asked to speak at well-respected industry conferences, like Search Marketing Expo (SMX East, West & Advanced), WordCamp San Diego, Apartment Internet Marketing Conference, Pubcon, Moz Mozinars and more. We live, breathe and dream about interactive marketing!
Thunder SEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.