Our highly consultative search engine optimization services include link building, on-page optimization, content development creation and more.
We take a holistic look at Social Media strategy including blogging, Twitter, Facebook and industry specific social networks to come up with a campaign that works for you.
Thunder SEO has extensive experience in creating and implementing local search campaigns for single location, regional and nationwide businesses.
Our company has been working with web designers and internet marketing people for over 10 years....
We’re looking to hire a Content Manager to join our growing team in San Diego. If you get excited about creating extraordinary content in a fast-paced environment, we’d love to hear from you! The Content Manager will have two main responsibilities: to create (aka write) content and manage a team of writers. We have an immediate need for this position, which will support our Content Team on their mission to produce the most compelling content for our client’s audience.
The ideal candidate will use the web for personal and professional projects, consume tons of online content, actively participate on a social network, and can identify sites that are more trustworthy than others.
Content Manager Duties
- Research and write content for a variety of client campaigns in various industries
- Manage the content workflow, including content calendars, content creation, approvals, style guides, templates and tools
- Edit content submitted by contracted writers
- Provide support for ongoing content projects and content strategies
- Use content management tools like WordPress, Google Docs, Trello and our internal content management workflow
- Assist our PR team with press release writing and media opportunities
- Stay ahead of trends and current events in search, social, and content marketing industries
Content Manager Skills Required
- Requires at least 1 year of work experience in journalism, creative writing, marketing, advertising, social media or similar field
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- Strong communication skills and perfect grammar
- Curiosity and passion for the search marketing industry
- Ability to multitask and handle lots of different projects at once
- Team player that can contribute to our client’s interactive strategy in a group environment
- Requires little direction and can hit the ground running with any task presented
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Confidence and willingness to take risks and bring new ideas to the table
We have a multi-step interview process. It starts with submitting your resume and credentials, as well as answering the following questions (please don’t skip these questions – we won’t consider your application without them). If we see a fit, you’ll then move on to a short phone interview. If we hear a fit, then you’ll move on to a work-skills interview at the office. Final candidates will be asked back to spend some “quality” time with us. We know you’re amazing. Our goal is to find the next Thunder Cat who loves what they do, enjoys working with the folks at Thunder and really cares about this industry.
If you’d like to move forward with the process, please email your resume (careers at thunderseo dot com) and provide some short answers to the questions below. We look forward to hearing from you!
- What are your top 3 favorite blogs and why? Please provide supporting URLs.
- Do you have a favorite Twitter profile you follow? If so, who are they and why?
- Describe briefly the inspiration for any blogs you curate or contribute to.
- Provide a short example of getting something done with policies in place, preferably in a work, organization or structured environment.
- Share a problem or issue you encountered in a previous or current work environment, how you dealt with it, and what lessons you learned that you utilize now.
- Explain some short examples of specific content tasks and campaigns you’ve worked on.
- List some specific examples of how you have used Excel (or any other Office program) and any online tools you’re familiar with.
- What’s the latest thing you have learned?
Come work with us: Founded in 2007, Thunder SEO is an interactive marketing agency based in sunny San Diego, California. We’re passionate about making the web a better place, learning something new every day, and exceeding client expectations. We host monthly workshops in the office to educate our team, and we’ve also founded a local marketing meetup in San Diego to inspire collaboration within our community. Several members of the Thunder team have been asked to speak at well-respected industry conferences, like Search Marketing Expo (SMX East, West & Advanced), WordCamp San Diego, Apartment Internet Marketing Conference, Pubcon, Moz Mozinars and more. We live, breathe and dream about interactive marketing!
Thunder SEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.