Our highly consultative search engine optimization services include link building, on-page optimization, content development creation and more.
We take a holistic look at Social Media strategy including blogging, Twitter, Facebook and industry specific social networks to come up with a campaign that works for you.
Thunder SEO has extensive experience in creating and implementing local search campaigns for single location, regional and nationwide businesses.
Our company has been working with web designers and internet marketing people for over 10 years....
Social Media Internship
Passionate about marketing, but lacking the experience needed to land a full time gig? We’ve got just the opportunity for you! We love working with dynamic individuals who want to learn social media marketing, execute on campaigns and start a rewarding career in interactive marketing. As a company, we’re growing, so we’re always on the look out for full time team members. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door and prepare yourself for a career position.
What Do Interns Do?
As a social media intern at Thunder SEO, you’ll hit the ground running with an initial training period that combines structured learning of social media marketing with actual execution on client campaigns. After the training period is complete, you will take on greater responsibility in support of client campaigns.
Social Media Marketing Tactics You’ll Learn:
- Community Building – How to find and build relationships with active and influential bloggers
- Content Development – How to research and create infographics and interactive content that users want to share
- Social Media Sweepstakes – How to design, build and support social media promotions using Facebook, Twitter and Youtube
- Sticky Content – How to create content on a website that users care about, want to interact with, and even share with others
Our past intern Kelly, who is now a full time Specialist (and Internship Coordinator)!
Do Interns Get Hired?
While we don’t guarantee a job after finishing the internship program, we’re definitely looking for interactive marketing superstars to join us full time. If you’re a great performer and there’s not a current opening at Thunder SEO, we’ll help by providing references, industry introductions and anything else to help you build your career.
I’m Interested! What Kind Of Background Should I Have?
If you want to learn more about social media marketing and get some real-world experience, we want to hear from you. We’re looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Curiosity about social media and a desire to learn is a must
- Passionate about social media, content development, blogging and online marketing in general
- Basic knowledge of social media, particularly Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Currently contribute to a blog and/or maintain a Twitter profile – that’s a plus!
- Know web development and/or html – another plus!
- Follow any social media expert blogs or profiles – that’s a plus too!
What’s The Compensation?
The internship program is 120 hours with weekly hours varying based on the individual. This is a paid position at current minimum wage. All candidates must be US Citizens.
That’s me! How do I apply?
We have a multi-step interview process. Please don’t skip any of these requirements – we won’t consider your application without them.
Here’s what you need to send to be considered:
- Links to your personal blog or online contributions (optional but highly preferred)
- Answers to the questions below
- Tell us about any blogs that you curate or have contributed to. Please provide any relevant URLs.
- How do you stay up to date on current news, pop culture, or anything else you are personally interested in?
- What is the latest thing you have learned?
If you’d like to move forward with the process, please email your resume, links and short answers to the application questions to SocialisSexy at thunderseo dot com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Curious about our hiring process? Learn more about how Thunder hires for culture.
Come work with us: Founded in 2007, Thunder SEO is an interactive marketing agency based in sunny San Diego, California. We’re passionate about making the web a better place, learning something new every day, and exceeding client expectations. We host monthly workshops in the office to educate our team, and we’ve also founded a local marketing meetup in San Diego to inspire collaboration within our community. Several members of the Thunder team have been asked to speak at well-respected industry conferences, like Search Marketing Expo (SMX East, West & Advanced), WordCamp San Diego, Apartment Internet Marketing Conference, Pubcon, Moz Mozinars and more. We live, breathe and dream about interactive marketing!
Thunder SEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.