Our highly consultative search engine optimization services include link building, on-page optimization, content development creation and more.
We take a holistic look at Social Media strategy including blogging, Twitter, Facebook and industry specific social networks to come up with a campaign that works for you.
Thunder SEO has extensive experience in creating and implementing local search campaigns for single location, regional and nationwide businesses.
Our company has been working with web designers and internet marketing people for over 10 years....
We’re Excited…Are You Excited About Search And Social Media?
Our internship program is on its third year, and we’re really pumped to work with dynamic individuals who want to learn online marketing (specifically organic search and social media), execute on campaigns and want to make online marketing their career. As a company, we’re growing, so we’re always on the look out for full time team members. This is a great opportunity for preparing yourself for a career position.
What Do Interns Do?
As an intern at Thunder SEO, you’ll hit the ground running with an initial training period that combines structured learning of organic search and social media marketing with actual execution on client campaigns. After the training period is complete, you will take on greater responsibility in support of client campaigns as well as design and execute on a special project of your choosing.
Organic Search and Social Media Marketing Tactics you will learn and use include:
- On-page SEO – How to structure a website for optimal search results, including keyword elements, crawlability, internal linking and other on-page factors
- Community Building – How to find and build relationships with active and influential bloggers
- Content Development – How to research and create infographics and interactive content that users want to share
- Link Building – How to identify link opportunities, build strong inbound links that Google recognizes as valuable, and drive new traffic from new sources
- Local Search & Regional SEO Tactics – How to rank in Google Maps and regional search results
- Social Media Sweepstakes – How to design, build and support social media promotions using Facebook, Twitter and Youtube
- Sticky Content – How to create content on a website that users care about, want to interact with and even share with others
Our past intern Kelly, who is now a full time Specialist!
Do Interns Get Hired?
While we don’t guarantee a job after finishing the internship program, we’re definitely looking for interactive marketing stars to join us full time. If you’re a great performer and there’s not a current opening at Thunder SEO, we’ll help by providing references, industry introductions and anything else to help you build your career.
I’m Interested! What Kind Of Background Should I Have?
If you want to learn more about online marketing and get some real-world experience, we want to hear from you. We’re looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Curiosity about search and a desire to learn is a must
- Passionate about SEO, social media, content development, blogging and online marketing in general
- Basic knowledge of keyword research and on-page SEO principles
- Basic knowledge of social media, particularly Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Currently have a blog and/or Twitter profile – that’s a plus!
- Know web development and/or html – that’s a plus!
- Follow any SEO/social media expert blogs or profiles – that’s a plus too!
What’s The Compensation?
The internship program is ongoing. The internship program is 120 hour with weekly hours varying based on the individual. This is a paid position at current minimum wage. All candidates must be US Citizens.
How do I apply?
If you’re interested in applying to the internship program, please send an email to careers at thunderseo dot com with your resume and answers to the following questions:
- Tell us about any blogs that you curate or have contributed to. Please provide any relevant URLs.
- How do you stay up to date on current news, pop culture, or anything else you are personally interested in?
- What is the latest thing you have learned?
Seriously, don’t forget the questions. They’re an important part of our hiring process.
To learn more about how we hire, check out this video from our Founder and CEO!
Come work with us: Founded in 2007, Thunder SEO is a search and social agency based in sunny San Diego, California. We’re passionate about making the web a better place, learning something new every day, and exceeding client expectations. We host monthly workshops in the office to educate our team, and we’ve also founded a local marketing meetup in San Diego to inspire collaboration within our community. Several members of the Thunder team have been asked to speak at well-respected industry conferences, like Search Marketing Expo (SMX East, West and Advanced) and WordCamp San Diego. We live, breathe and dream about search!
Thunder SEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.