Our highly consultative search engine optimization services include link building, on-page optimization, content development creation and more.
We take a holistic look at Social Media strategy including blogging, Twitter, Facebook and industry specific social networks to come up with a campaign that works for you.
Thunder SEO has extensive experience in creating and implementing local search campaigns for single location, regional and nationwide businesses.
Our company has been working with web designers and internet marketing people for over 10 years....
Senior Search and Social Media Specialist
We’re looking to hire a Senior Search and Social Media Specialist to join our growing team in San Diego. We care less about how many years of experience you have, and more about how much you’ve learned throughout those years. If you think the world would be less cool without Rand Fishkin and you use #hashtags in inappropriate places, we want to get to know you!
The ideal candidate will be totally comfortable with the Internet. They will use the web for personal and professional projects, consume tons of online content, actively participate on a social network, and can identify sites that are more trustworthy than others.
Senior Search and Social Media Specialist Duties
- Assists with identifying new content marketing ideas and keyword opportunities for clients.
- Works closely with our team to facilitate and implement on new campaigns for clients.
- Provides support for ongoing projects, including manual link building, social media campaigns and infographic or guest blogging outreach.
- Executes on link building and social media campaigns to drive traffic and increase conversions on client websites.
- Uses tools like Google Analytics, SEOmoz’s Pro toolset, Raven Tools, Citation Labs and Hootsuite to analyze client and competitor websites, identify prospective link opportunities, and monitor social media mentions.
- Stays ahead of trends and current events in search, social, and content marketing industries.
Senior Search and Social Media Specialist Skills Required
- Requires at least 2 years of work experience in SEO, marketing, advertising, social media or similar field, preferably including strategy development and implementation of SEO and social media campaigns
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Curiosity and passion for the search marketing industry
- Socially savvy person that has interacted on Twitter, Facebook and other online communities
- Ability to multitask and handle lots of different projects at once
- Team player that can contribute to our client’s interactive strategies in a group environment
- Requires little direction and can hit the ground running with any task presented
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Confidence and willingness to take risks and bring new ideas to the table
We have a multi-step interview process. It starts with submitting your resume and credentials, as well as answering the following questions (please don’t skip these questions – we won’t consider your application without them). If we see a fit, you’ll then move on to a short phone interview. If we hear a fit, then you’ll move on to a work-skills interview at the office. Final candidates will be asked back to spend some “quality” time with us. We know you’re amazing. Our goal is to find the next Thunder Cat who loves what they do, enjoys working with the folks at Thunder and really cares about this industry.
If you’d like to move forward with the process, please email your resume (careers at thunderseo dot com) and provide some short answers to the questions below. We look forward to hearing from you!
- What are your top 3 favorite blogs and why? Please provide supporting URLs.
- Do you have a favorite Twitter profile you follow? If so, who are they and why?
- Describe briefly the inspiration for any blogs you curate or contribute to.
- Provide a short example of getting something done with policies in place, preferably in a work, organization or structured environment.
- Share a problem or issue you encountered in a previous/current work environment, how you dealt with it, and what lessons you learned that you utilize now.
- Explain some short examples of specific SEO and/or SMM tasks and campaigns you’ve worked on.
- List some specific examples of how you have used Excel (or any other Office program) and any online/SEO tools you’re familiar with.
- What’s the latest thing you have learned?
Come work with us: Founded in 2007, Thunder SEO is an interactive marketing agency based in sunny San Diego, California. We’re passionate about making the web a better place, learning something new every day, and exceeding client expectations. We host monthly workshops in the office to educate our team, and we’ve also founded a local marketing meetup in San Diego to inspire collaboration within our community. Several members of the Thunder team have been asked to speak at well-respected industry conferences, like Search Marketing Expo (SMX East, West & Advanced), WordCamp San Diego, Apartment Internet Marketing Conference, Pubcon, Moz Mozinars and more. We live, breathe and dream about interactive marketing!
Thunder SEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.