Our highly consultative search engine optimization services include link building, on-page optimization, content development creation and more.
We take a holistic look at Social Media strategy including blogging, Twitter, Facebook and industry specific social networks to come up with a campaign that works for you.
Thunder SEO has extensive experience in creating and implementing local search campaigns for single location, regional and nationwide businesses.
Our company has been working with web designers and internet marketing people for over 10 years....
Social Media Specialist
Social Media Specialist
We’re looking to hire a Social Media Specialist to join our growing team in San Diego. We care less about how many years of experience you have, and more about how much you’ve learned throughout those years. If you think the world would be less cool without George Takei and you use #hashtags in inappropriate places, we want to get to know you!
The ideal candidate will be totally comfortable with the Internet. They will use the web for personal, professional or academic projects, consume tons of online content, actively participate on a social network, and can identify sites that are more trustworthy than others. We’re also looking for someone with experience in multifamily apartment marketing, customer service or any similarly related hospitality industry.
Social Media Specialist Duties
- Assists with identifying new social media promotion ideas and community-building opportunities for clients.
- Provides support for ongoing projects, including social media strategy, daily social media updates and monthly reporting.
- Helps brainstorm ideas for blog content and coordinates with content team to support our client’s blogs.
- Executes on social media campaigns to drive traffic and increase conversions on client websites.
- Uses tools like Google Analytics, Open Site Explorer and Hootsuite to evaluate social media ROI and monitor social media mentions.
- Stays on top of trends and current events in search, social, and content marketing industries.
Social Media Specialist Skills Required
- Requires at least 1-2 years of work experience in social media, marketing, advertising, SEO or similar field, preferably including strategy development and implementation of social media campaigns
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, communications, PR or related specialty
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Curiosity and passion for the search marketing industry
- Socially savvy person that has interacted on Twitter, Facebook and other online communities
- Ability to multitask and handle lots of different projects at once
- Team player that can contribute to our client’s marketing strategies in a group environment
- Requires little direction and can hit the ground running with any task presented
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Confidence and willingness to take risks and bring new ideas to the table
That’s Me! How Do I Apply?
We have a multi-step interview process. It starts with submitting your resume and credentials, as well as answering the following questions (please don’t skip these questions – we won’t consider your application without them). If we see a fit, you’ll then move on to a short phone interview. If we hear a fit, then you’ll move on to a work-skills interview at the office. Final candidates will be asked back to spend some “quality” time with us. We know you’re amazing. Our goal is to find the next Thunder Cat who loves what they do, enjoys working with the folks at Thunder and really cares about this industry.
If you’d like to move forward with the process, please email your resume (careers at thunderseo dot com) and provide some short answers to the questions below. We look forward to hearing from you!
- What are your top 3 favorite blogs and why? Please provide supporting URLs.
- What are your top 3 favorite Twitter profiles and why? Please provide supporting URLs.
- What do you look for in Facebook Pages or Twitter Profiles to determine if they are influential or worth engaging with?
- Share a problem or issue you encountered in a previous or current work environment, how you dealt with it, and what lessons you learned that you utilize now.
- What’s the latest thing you have learned?
Come work with us: Founded in 2007, Thunder SEO is a search and social agency based in sunny San Diego, California. We’re passionate about making the web a better place, learning something new every day, and exceeding client expectations. We host monthly workshops in the office to educate our team, and we’ve also founded a local marketing meetup in San Diego to inspire collaboration within our community. Several members of the Thunder team have been asked to speak at well-respected industry conferences, like Search Marketing Expo (SMX East, West and Advanced) and WordCamp San Diego. We live, breathe and dream about search!
Thunder SEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.